Friday, October 12, 2007

10.12.07

Matt Pond PA – Last Light

Matt Pond PA is an indie rock band formed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1998 by singer/songwriter Matt Pond. Although the band has only been together for nine years “Last Light” is already their seventh full length release. Matt Pond has a very special place in my heart, but I’m not completely sure why. It could be because of the originality of his voice or the overall calm atmosphere his music creates, all I know is that it’s been difficult for me to not love everything he’s made.


Matt Pond PA - People Have A Way
website buy album




Iron And Wine – The Shepherd’s Dog

Iron And Wine is the stage and recording name for Texas-based folk rock singer-songwriter Sam Beam. I don’t know too much about Sam, so I won’t pretend like I do. I just think that “The Shepherd’s Dog” is fantastic, and I’m very impressed with the seemingly flawless production of each song. “Boy With A Coin” and “The Devil Never Sleeps” are especially brilliant tracks.


Iron And Wine - Boy With A Coin
website buy album




Sea Wolf – Leaves In The River

Sea Wolf is the indie acoustic solo-project of Alex Brown Church. Sea Wolf is also very good. Rather than sticking to the normal acoustic-based sound so many others have done in the past, Church has done a very good job of combining modern synthetic sound with the classiness of guitar. “Leaves In The River” is familiar and original, comfortable and exciting, peaceful and aggressive. Crazy, huh.


Sea Wolf - Don't You Love Me Anymore
website buy album



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHH YEAH!

lee, you da best